Your Regional Councilor Ward 3
With passion and commitment to the community that I live, work and raise my family in, I have had the opportunity to work with many outstanding organizations:
- Ajax Pickering Citizens Together Protecting Our Water, providing a solution to the Regions of York and Durham to eliminate Nuisance algae on the waterfront and protect the Future water quality of our lake.
- Friends of the Ajax/ Pickering Hospital, advocating to retain paediatrics, mental health, and successfully negotiating areas of concern through the Lakeridge Health merger.
- Volunteers Providing opportunities for people to connect with Ajax’s first community garden and leash free park.
- Heritage Committee promoting our history and built heritage, Ajax’s Ajax Doors Open featuring our built heritage continues to be successful for tourism, local business and, economic development.
The knowledge gained as a board member for Veridian Corp., Downtown BIA and Library Board, the Recreation and Culture, Heritage and, Environmental Advisory Committees, provides a strong foundation for seeking election at the Regional level.
DEAC Lifetime Achievement Award
The Durham Environmental Advisory Committee (D.E.A.C.) hosts an annual awards program that recognizes individuals and organizations that dedicate time to promote, preserve, and enhance Durham’s natural environment.
- Founding Member and Performer Pickering Community Concert Band
- Pickering Arts Council Board Member
- Past Chair Duffin’s Bay P.S.
- SCC Steering Committee member at Durham District School Board
- Ajax Cultural Arts Advisory Committee member
- Board member and Past Chair of Community Development Council Durham
- Ajax Heritage Advisory Committee
- Ajax Environmental Advisory Committee
- Downtown Business Improvement Association
- Pickering Village Business Improvement Association
- 2012 Budget Chair
- Veridian Corp. and Veridian Connections Board member
- Veridian Corp. Governance Committee