RE-ELECT Joanne Dies
Your Ward 3 Regional Councillor
With passion and commitment to the community that I live, work and raised my family in, I have had the opportunity to work with many outstanding organizations:
- Ajax Pickering Citizens Together Protecting Our Water, providing a solution to the Regions of York and Durham to eliminate algae on the waterfront.
- Friends of the Ajax/ Pickering Hospital, advocating to retain pediatrics, mental health, and successfully negotiating areas of concern through the Lakeridge Health merger.
- Volunteers Providing opportunities for people to connect with Ajax’s first community garden, the Indigenous Community & Healing Garden and leash free park.
- Heritage Committee promoting our history and built heritage, Ajax’s Ajax Doors Open featuring our built heritage continues to be successful for tourism, local business and, economic development.
Past Board Member for Veridian Corp., Downtown BIA and Library Board.
As an environmentalist, I have worked passionately to:
DEAC Lifetime Achievement Award
The Durham Environmental Advisory Committee (D.E.A.C.) hosts an annual awards program that recognizes individuals and organizations that dedicate time to promote, preserve, and enhance Durham’s natural environment.
- Founding Member and Performer, Pickering Community Concert Band
- PineRidge Arts Council Board Member
- Past Chair Duffin’s Bay P.S. SCC
- SCC Steering Committee member at Durham District School Board
- Ajax Cultural Arts Advisory Committee member
- Board member and Past Chair of Community Development Council Durham
- Active Member Ajax Homeless Task Force